Jennifer A. Beckman is a partner at Beckman Steen & Lungstrom, P.A. Ms. Beckman has practiced in the family and probate areas of law since 1987. Jennifer initially trained to become a marriage and family therapist, however her passion for assisting families led her to law school. Her family law practice involves a variety of family law matters including simple divorces, custody/parenting time issues, complex financial and business issues, spousal support and post-decree issues. Her probate practice includes guardianships/conservatorships and the probate of uncontested and contested wills.
Ms. Beckman involves her clients in resolving their issues whether through mediation, collaborative practice, negotiation, or litigation. If necessary, Ms. Beckman is an experienced litigation attorney who is comfortable in the courtroom.
Jennifer is actively involved in the community, she volunteers at Perpectives (part of Tubman/Chrysalis). She is a volunteer Guardian ad Litem for Incompetent Adults through Hennepin County. Jennifer is a sponsor and speaker for Rediscoverying U in relevant topics in the family law area. Jennifer is a closet writer and enjoys being part of a writers group, Women of Words (“WOW”).
Jennifer also assist clients who want to amiably resolve their divorce through the Collaborative Practice process. Through her Collaborative Practice training at the Collaborative Law Institute she is highly qualified to represent clients through family law issues outside of the courtroom setting. Jennifer is also an attorney through DRI Alliance for Marriage and Divorce Professionals assisting client who may not be ready for divorce explore their options before commencing a divorce proceeding.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Collaborative Practice Divorce
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Domestic Abuse
- Post Decree Issues
- Spousal Maintenance
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Simple Wills
- Minnesota, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1987
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Family Social Science
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Minnesota Superlawyers, 2003 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 1987 – Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Family Law & Probate Sections
- The Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals